Topic started on 31-1-2011 @ 10:45 PM by stellawayten (member of

I've been with this man for almost 11 years. He has been atheist/agnostic since I have known him. He's a simple guy with simple views. I've always been the conspiracy nut with the crazy ideas and such. He would always laugh at my paranoia and random thoughts about life.

On January 10, 2011, it was like a lightening bolt hit him or an alien took over his body or something. He had some of spiritual experience. I can tell you right now that I know this man… about him and he had not been drinking or drugging. (He had a drug test later the next evening and it was negative but I'm getting ahead of myself.) Anyway, back to the story… He started having some kind of spiritual experience. He was crying and praying out loud. He apologized to me for he had ever done that hurt me. It was the best night I have ever had with him. We laid in bed all night talking until he had to get up and go to work.

The next day he called me and wanted me to tell his coworkers that he was not on drugs. Apparently he had gone to work and was sorta preaching to the guys. I told them that he was fine and was just having a spiritual experience. Later that evening his boss called me and asked if I would pick him up. Said that he needed to go home and rest. On the way to pick him up he called and told me that we were going to go on a trip after I picked him up and to make sure I had the kids with me. I was excited until I talked with my family. They were worried that we would be the next family on the news that was killed by the dad that was getting messages from God. They scared me with their fears.

I picked him up and we started on our 'journey'. My family was so worried that they had the cops stop us. Long story short (okay, not really short but I'm trying), he was arrested, hospitalized and diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

He has been on his meds now for a few weeks. He is still spiritual and still open to conspiracies and such. He has the same thoughts that he had that first night the only difference is that he has a filter now and doesn't say everything that he is thinking or trying to figure out like he did the night he was arrested.

He feels that something big is coming. Something really big. If I was a 'normal' everyday person I would accept his diagnosis and pat him on the head and just think… well, he's crazy. BUT since I'm an 'abovetopsecret' kinda gal I feel like there might be something to his thoughts and feelings. This is soooooo out of his character and for him to just all of a sudden start feeling and acting this way is something.

I'm not saying that he is not bipolar. I'm just saying what if it's something more. I have been reading a lot of threads talking about people waking up and never in a million years did I think my husband would be one of them.