Despite appearances of nothing going on, there were around 37 unique stories posted that touch on Andrea Rossi's E-Cat from the near dozen dedicated sites as well as at least 6 mainstream stories. The main highlight was reaching the goal of 10,000 pre-orders for the home E-Cat modules.
Once again we bring you a compilation of various news items about Andrea Rossi's E-Cat that have emerged since our December 8 compilation. This includes what we've posted in our news as archived at our News:Rossi Cold Fusion collection at PESWiki.
Mainstream news sources are indicated with the yellow highlight.
Let me know if there is a story I've missed that should be listed here.
- Massachusetts to Invest in Rossi's E-Cat – 13 Units Sold Since October Demonstration – Rossi’s discovery should have been heralded as the scientific breakthrough of the millennium, but instead has been welcomed with criticism and skepticism. Rossi already claims to have sold 13 E-Cat units since his demonstration in October and was in the U.S last week talking with state senator Bruce Tarr about the possibility of building a cold fusion reactor in Massachusetts. (OilPrice; December 13, 2011)
Rossi: 10,000 Home-based E-Cats Have Been Ordered – The goal that Andrea Rossi set just over two weeks ago of having people sign up to order 10,000 small E-Cats for domestic use has been met. If all these pre-orders were to convert to real ones, Rossi would be able to raise at least $54m — potentially much more if orders are still rolling in. (E-CatWorld; December 9, 2011) (And andrearossiecat; ecatfusion; ecatreport)
- Rossi: eCat 10,000 Target Achieved – AR claims that the list has made the 10,000 threshold required to make small domestic units at 400 Euro/kW viable. (ECatNews; December 9, 2011)
- Andrea Rossi E-Cat: New Customer Identity Issue – Andrea Rossi replied [today] that as soon as the new customer will give the go signal, he will gladly identify his new customer in N. America. Rossi doesn't blame customers for wanting to remain confidential, inasmuch as once the name of his new customer is published, the customer will become an open target of thousands of insults, criticisms, hate mails, annoying inquiries, and more. (AndreaRossiECat; December 9, 2011) (And ecatfusion)
- Is NASA Andrea Rossi E-cat Secret Customer? (unfounded speculation) – For several weeks now, The US Space Agency has been rumored as the first secret customer of the controversial Andrea Rossi E-cat. Previous reports stated that NASA sent unidentified representatives during the private demonstration of Rossi’s … (AndreaRossiECat; and ecatfusion; December 14, 2011)
- Rossi E-Cat Fusion Device Under Rossi E-Cat Fusion Device Under NASA Attack – Word has been going around that NASA has invested interest in the e-cat fusion device developed in the last three year by Italian Inventor Andrea Rossi. Rossi who recently had a s sit down with Senator Tarr to explore E-cat manufacturing plants in the U.S. claims that his device is a LERN or cold fusion … (ECatFusion; December 14, 2011 )
- Rossi Says Production in the US Has Begun – In another one-word major announcement, Andrea Rossi has signaled another milestone in the commercialization of his E-Cat technology. (E-CatWorld; December 10, 2011)
- Andrea Rossi e-cat to be manufactured in the States soon – Italian Inventor Andrea Rossi has been shaking the science world since he went public with his fusor energy device. The possibilities that green energy could offer have attracted many Investors and Rossi claims to have made 13 sales of his Andrea Rossi E-cat since his last demo series in October of this year. (AndreaRossiECat; December 7, 2011)
- 10000 Andrea Rossi E-cat Hailed A Huge Success – The marketing campaign of Andrea Rossi e-cat for domestic use was a huge success when the 10,000 target names have been met in over two weeks. With the favorable results of the survey, perhaps the units will be on sale within one year. (AndreaRossiECat; December 12, 2011)
- Rossi Talks About Future R&D of E-cat – Andrea Rossi’s official blog “Journal of Nuclear Physics” has been quite quiet for the last couple of weeks. But when A. Casali posted a number of questions on the website, the silent spell was finally broken. (ECatReport; December 10, 2011)
- Rossi: Electrical Production “Very Close”, Deal Signed to Make it Happen – One of his stated goals is to have E-Cats be able to provide electrical power as well as heat, and he has recently reported progress in this regard. (E-CatWorld; December 8, 2011)
- Converting E-Cat Heat To Electricity – There is a very efficient way to convert heat to electricity, with no moving parts, by using a Thermoelectric Generator (TEG). (RossiFocardiFusion; December 15, 2011)
- Industrial Boilers Need Low Cost E-Cat Energy! – Industrial Boilers would be the ideal application for the Energy Catalizer (E-Cat). They would replace the present expensive, inefficient, and polluting boiler systems which use coal, natural gas, and industrial waste for fuel. Boilers consume large quantities of energy to generate steam, hot water, or electricity. The larger ones are big polluters of our environment. (RossiFocardiFusion; December 13, 2011)
- A Crowd Funding Approach to E-Cat Testing – One idea that has been brought up on this site recently that might serve to break the deadlock is that interested people might purchase a 1 MW plant through a crowdfunding project, and then test the E-Cat plant themselves. The question is, is there sufficient interest in an idea like this to make it work? It may be necessary to raise probably around $3 million in order to purchase the plant, transport it, house it and test it. (E-CatWorld; December 15, 2011)
- Cold Fusion Meets Election 2012 – With the 2012 United States presidential election approaching, the reality of cold fusion must be spreading through corridors of power in Washington, DC. With the US military purchasing thirteen E-Cat plants, how will politicians react to a game changing source of energy? (PESN and BeforeItsNews; December 11, 2011)
- Romney: Hot For Cold Fusion? – Mitt Romney hasn't been giving many on-the-record extended interviews, so when he does — as he did earlier this week with the Washington Examiner editorial board — they get pored over and dissected like holy epistles. (The Phoenix; December 8, 2011)
- Presidential Candidate Hopes For Cold Fusion – Update – UPDATE (See end of post) A little over two weeks ago, we were talking about Andrea Rossi’s invitation from Senator Bruce Tarr to visit Boston to explore the possibility of eCat manufacturing in Massachusetts. Reading the tealeaves, it seems that Tarr maintained a healthy touch of scepticism… (ECatNews; December 9, 2011)
- Cold Fusion: The Impact of Rossi’s E-Cat to the World – Ultra cheap energy would be a boon to the flagging world economy. Manufacturers will be able to provide cheaper goods. Households will have a cheaper utility bill which means extra cash to buy products on the market. Energy intensive industries will become more financially feasible. Transportation will also be affected. (International Business Times; Australia; December 15, 2011)
- Is Cold Fusion Even Possible? – Has the world's first cold fusion plant finally been built? Andrea Rossi, an Italian physicist claims that he has built the world's first working cold fusion plant. He demonstrated his Energy Catalyzer or E-Cat machine at the University of Bologna in Italy on October 28. The discovery should have been heralded as the breakthrough of the century but Rossi's device has largely been met with skepticism and even ridicule. (International Business Times; Australia; December 11, 2011)
- Mr. Rossi seeks the happiness of mankind (Translated from German) Genius or charlatan? An Italian researcher claims he has built a fusion reactor which could solve the energy problems of the world final. But the inventor refuses to let such be mini-power plant by independent experts. (Spiegel; December 10, 2011)
- The shadowy energy revolution of Mr. Rossi (Translated from German) An Italian entrepreneur has developed a device that could solve all energy problems of mankind. If it works. What hardly anyone believes. You can buy it anyway. (Financial Times Deutschland; December 5, 2011)
- Scrutinizing Andrea Rossi E-cat – …So it was no longer surprising that many people gave Andrea Rossi e-cat a cold shoulder when the Italian inventor introduced his cold fusion device to the public early this year. (AndreaRossiECat; December 13, 2011)
- Your E-Cat Predictions Invited – I thought it would be interesting and useful to provide a permanent space on this site where people can post their thoughts about where they see this technology going, and how it might impact the future of society. (E-CatWorld; December 11, 2011)
- What Can You Do To Help LENR Succeed? – My main concern is about not letting this go to oblivion. This and other websites are great but, unless the information about this technology reaches the masses there will be always a chance of concealing and blocking it. So… what do we need? We need social networking at is best. (E-CatWorld; December 13, 2011)
- eCat Undercurrent – Over the past few weeks a handful of cold fusion articles have surfaced in the backwaters of mainstream media including, among others, Fox news and Forbes. With AP keeping its powder dry, the reluctance to give this story the weight it deserves appeared destined to continue until… the number of actors in this play continues to grow… (ECatNews; December 12, 2011)
- LENR: What’s Not to Die For? – Having let myself get sucked into the murky world of LENR with its theater so crazy that my insomnia now bubbles over with visions of Rabbits and Oil Cabals, I struggle in daylight hours to find that balance between skepticism and cynicism, open mindedness and gullibility. (E-CatSite; December 13, 2011)
- Big Strange Loop: The PlanetMind – So far this week I’ve had the White Rabbit, The Rabbit and The Hare, and since good things come in three’s. Run Rabbit Run. (E-CatSite; December 9, 2011)
- Controversy Behind E-cat Continues – Controversy is not something new when it comes to Low Energy Nuclear Reactions and Andrea Rossi’s unit. When the Italian scientist announced to the public that he has invented a device that uses nickel and hydrogen to produce heat, he received heavy skepticism especially from the scientific community. (ECatReport; December 14, 2011)
- E-cat Is Up To Something Big – Andrea Rossi’s e-cat seems to have set on the right path towards commercialization after the 10k list confirmation. Interestingly enough, just a couple of days after Rossi’s announcement about the finalization of the list, The Journal of Nuclear Physics gets hacked again. (ECatReport; December 13, 2011)
- E-Cat fusion captivates the world audience – In the past couple of months e-cat fusion write ups have floating not just in cyber space but on paper and television as well and some of them originate from media giants like Forbes and Der Spigle Magazine and Fox News. Everyone is at the edge of their seats as the e-cat fusion events unfold. …(ECatFusion; December 13, 2011 )
Other Cold Fusion Competitor News
(Typically also mention E-Cat)
- Defkalion: Visit Us – "we are kindly asking everyone who wish to visit us in our HQ to follow our honest open invitation listed in this topic." (ECatNews; December 15, 2011)
- Hyperion: Electric Appliance/Boiler – It comes as no surprise that Defkalion is hoping to sneak its Hyperion system through certification using a classification likely to give it least trouble. (ECatNews; December 13, 2011)
- At the recent New Energy Movement board of directors meeting in Portland, Steve Kaplan said that Brian has recently shifted his focus from LENR to pursing the work of Floyd Sweet.
Cold Fusion, General
(most of these also mention the E-Cat)
- Fusion World Quiet Except for Silly Claims, Attacks – Sorry folks but I haven’t posted much lately because there’s been little news for the past couple of weeks. All that seems to have happened is that cold fusion skeptics have gotten nastier and sillier and some ridiculous claims are being made. (ColdFusion3; December 12, 2011)
- Cold Fusion: Surveying the Field – Dr. Mitchell Swartz (JET Energy, Inc): "The name should be LANR, for "lattice assisted nuclear reactions". It most accurately describes the process and without the lattice, there is no coupling (a la Mossbauer effect) and no final products. "Cold fusion", by contrast, has a different connotation. That name was widely spread in March, 1989 when Dr. Stanley Pons (Utah) and Martin Fleischman (Southampton, UK) announced that their "electrochemical experiments" had produced more energy ("excess energy") than could be accounted for by input energy and available chemical reactions….. The early use of the term "cold fusion" and, mainly, the unwarranted post-1989 notoriety of the term "cold fusion", has led some to seek another description of these lattice assisted nuclear reactions. They are consistent with conventional physics and involve high lying energy levels of excited nuclei. …. Such comparison demonstrates these excited nuclear states are very significant in magnitude and clearly not "low energy". Therefore, the name "low energy nuclear reactions (LENR)" is a misleading, inaccurate misnomer. Such a name, LENR, for cold fusion would be wrong for two reasons. First, LENR falsifies the magnitude of the nuclear energy level which is actually observed. Second, if these CF reactions are really "low energy reactions", then why even bother? Fortunately, they are high energy reactions, and the name LENR is simply incorrect." (Infinite Energy; Issue 100; November/December 2011)
- LESSON #4: EXCESS HEAT IN Palladium and Nickel – Dr. Mitchell Swartz (JET Energy, Inc.): "With control of optimal operating point manifolds and use of high impedance systems, excess heat is more reproducibly observed. It has been confirmed by time integration, noise measurement, and with the use of several types of controls.
- Part 1 – The 2011 Cold Fusion/Lattice Assisted Nuclear Reactions Colloquium at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (pdf) – "The 2011 Lattice-Assisted Nuclear Reactions (LANR)/Cold Fusion Colloquium at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA) was held on Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12, 2011. The meeting focused on the science and technology of cold fusion and lattice assisted nuclear reactions. This year, there were 23 presentations. LANR nanomaterials headlined the talks, only to be surpassed by patent issues, Rossi's contribution, and recent high technologic developments in LANR. (Infinite Energy; July/August 2011)
- Part 2 – Review of the 2011 Cold Fusion/Lattice Assisted Nuclear Reactions Colloquium at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (pdf) (Infinite Energy; July/August 2011)
End of compilation.
Latest from Rossi
Today, in response to an email inquiry asking about investing in sets of $1,000; to which I had said, "I don't think Rossi would be interested in entertaining investment offers less than $500k." Rossi wrote:
Correct, and also any investor must have full knowledge of all the risks of my enterprise. As I always have warned, this is a warship, not a cruise ship.
Warm Regards to all,
I received the following email:
To: Sterling Allan
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: Rossi distributorship discussions
I am a free energy buff in […]
I have been following your site for at least 4-5 years.
Since the October 28th I acted on the alleged test results and brought this
to the attention of a large company (also a family friend)
We are interested and currently preparing a draft and his draft was very amateurish.
We can not be sure if we are not falling victims to a scam.
Rossi asks for **kUSD upfront for the distributorship and will not negotiate
about a deferred payment.
This is a contradiction to one of your articles in which you said he gets paid only
when the client approves the E-cat test. I know, it is not the same thing but the rigidity
at this point is a bit disturbing.
When I asked if he can prove the minimum COP of 6 while we will be visiting him sometime
in the near future he replied that they had publications of tests.[…]
I guess what I need from you is your opinion and ideas on how we can establish
that we are not falling victims to a scam. If we do I will be in a very awkward position
in my family. I would appreciate any help to find our piece of mind.
"If I were you, I would insist on either being able to verify the technology yourself, or to see a qualified third party test statement before putting any money on the table."
# # #
This story is also published at BeforeItsNews.
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: http://clicktotweet.com/aWr0P
- Subscribe to our E-Cat newsletter.
- Purchase a 1 MW unit and/or encourage others who are able, to do so.
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of this technology.
- Subscribe to our general newsletter to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy sector.
- Consider investing in Rossi's group.
- Help us manage the PESWiki feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of E-Cat
1 MW unit tested on October 28, 2011.
Photo by Sterling Allan
For a more exhaustive listing, see http://PESWiki.com/index.php/News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion | Mainstream
- E-Cat Weekly — December 15, 2011 (PESN)
- E-Cat Weekly — December 8, 2011 (PESN)
- Has Defkalion's President Confirmed the Accusations of Rossi and Stremmenos? (PESN; November 29, 2011)
- A Week of E-Cat News Flurry (PESN; November 29, 2011)
- ECat.com Launched by N. Europe Licensee (PESN; November 17, 2011)
- Sterling Allan on the up and down of Rossi's approval of Leonardo-ECat.com (PESN; November 16, 2011)
- My 11.11.11. Message on Planetary Explosion – to Collapse or to Fortune (PESN; November 14, 2011)
- National Instruments signs to do E-Cat controls (PESN; November 10, 2011)
- Bloomberg's EnergyNow Names E-Cat as Week's HotZone (PESN; November 7, 2011)
- Mainstream News of Andrea Rossi's LENR E-Cat (PESWiki; November 7, 2011)
- E-Cat Orders Being Taken After Successful Launch (PESN; November 3, 2011)
- Fox News E-Cat Article Needs Work (PESN; November 2, 2011)
- Rossi's E-Cat Victory on Cold Fusion's Emergence Day — E-Day (PESN; November 2, 2011)
- After the E-Cat Test: Report and Q&A with Rossi (PESN; October 31, 2011)
- Rebuttal to Krivit's Accusation that Andrea Rossi is a Fraudster (PESN; October 30, 2011)
- >> 1 MW E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful (PESN; October 28, 2011)
- How Much is One (1) Megawatt? (PESWiki; October 27, 2011)
- Tracking the One Megawatt E-Cat Test October 28, 2011 (PESWiki; October 20, 2011)
- Cheap power: An overnight revolution — Commentary (PESN; October 16, 2011)
- Rossi Answers Questions on the E-Cat (PESN; October 11, 2011)
- Cold Fusion E-Cat Case Design Competition (PESWiki; October 10, 2011)
- E-Cat Test Validates Cold Fusion Despite Challenges (PESN; October 8, 2011)
- Photos of the October 6, 2011 E-Cat Test (PESWiki; October 5, 2011)
- Real-Time Updates on the October 6, 2011 E-Cat Test (PESWiki; October 5, 2011)
- Scientists to Test Cold Fusion E-Cat (PESN; Sept. 26, 2011)
- Rossi's Home Sacrificed For Cold Fusion E-Cat Launch (PESN; Sept. 21, 2011)
- The Ultimate Ni-H Cold Fusion E-Cat Test (PESN; Sept. 16, 2011)
- Rossi's 1 MW Cold Fusion E-Cat Reactor Photos and Video Posted (PESN; Sept. 14, 2011)
- More Uncertainty as Ni-H Cold Fusion Launches Near – NASA (PESN; Sept. 6, 2011)
- Rossi-Defkalion Split Controversy – index of articles (PESN; Aug. 7,8, 2011)
- E-Cat Competitors Revealed During Viareggio Conference (PESN; July 25, 2011)
- Rossi's Self Sustaining One Megawatt Reactor (PESN; July 21, 2011)
- E-Cat News Coming Fast and Furious (PESN; July 14, 2011)
- EV World Interviews Andrea Rossi (PESN; July 14, 2011)
- Hitler Panics Over Rossi's Energy Catalyzer (PESN; July 5, 2011)
- Cheap Cold Fusion to Save World Billions (PESN; July 3, 2011)
- Defkalion Press Conference Reveals E-Cat Rollout Plans (PESN; June 25, 2011)
- A Nobel Laureate speaks out on the Energy Catalyzer (PESN; June 23, 2011)
- Rossi Explains E-Cat Setup in New Video (PESN; June 21, 2011)
- Defkalion Announces Energy Catalyzer Press Conference (PESN; June 17, 2011)
- Cold Fusion #1 Claims NASA Chief (PESN; May 31, 2011)
- Ampenergo Amps Up Rossi's Energy Catalyzer in America (PESN; May 17, 2011)
- Seven Reasons to Embrace Rossi's Energy Catalyzer (E-Cat) (PESN; May 7, 2011)
- NyTeknik Validates Rossi's Energy Catalyzer (PESN; May 2, 2011)
- Sterling Allan on Cash-Flow: "It's an act of revolution to support free energy." (PESN; April 28, 2011)
- Rossi Cold Fusion Validated by Swedish Skeptic's Society (PESN; April 7, 2011)
- Breakdown to Breakthrough is Possible Now (PESN; March 25, 2011)
- Andrea Rossi with Sterling Allan on Coast to Coast AM (PESN; March 24, 2011)
- Rossi's Cold Fusion Energy Catalyzer: Frequently Asked Questions (PESN; March 21, 2011)
- Sterling Allan Appearing on Coast to Coast AM March 23, 2011 (PESN; March 18, 2011)
- Welcome Worry-Free Nuclear Power: Rossi's Energy Catalyzer (PESN; March 17, 2011)
- Cold Fusion Steams Ahead at World's Oldest University (PESN; March 7, 2011)
- Future Impact of Rossi's Cold Fusion (PESN; February 28, 2011)
- Rossi's cold fusion reactor achieves 15 kW for 18 hours (PESN; February 22, 2011)
- BlackLight Power vs. Rossi's Cold Fusion – Related Technologies? (PESN; February 8, 2011)
- Fear Mongering: From Cannabis to Cold Fusion (PESN; January 23, 2011)
- Fighting the Infection of Cynical Skepticism with Cold Fusion (PESN; January 21, 2011)
- Hope Grows as Journals Weigh in on Italian Cold Fusion Breakthrough (PESN; January 19, 2011)
- Cold Fusion getting hot with 10kw heater prepping for market (PESN; January 17, 2011)
- > Multi-kilowatt Ni-H cold fusion demo under way January 14 in Italy (PESN; January 14, 2011)
Resources at PESWiki.com
- Directory:Andrea_A._Rossi_Cold_Fusion_Generator – feature page
- Mainstream News:Andrea Rossi's LENR E-Cat
- News:October 28, 2011 Test of the One Megawatt E-Cat
- Directory:Cold Fusion | News:Cold Fusion
- Directory:Nuclear | News:Nuclear
- More stories by Sterling Allan
- PESN (Pure Energy Systems News) – Feature stories on cutting-edge, clean energy technology.
- Free Energy News (.com) – Daily cutting-edge, clean energy technology news from around the world
- PESWiki Latest – Newest feature pages in the publicly-editable energy directory.
- This Week in Free Energy™ – Ten-minute recap each Sunday, 7:50 – 8:00 pm Mountain.
- Free Energy Now (.net) – in-depth interviews