Here are 5 common limiting beliefs that attract unwanted realities:
1. Believing that other people’s successes diminish our own: If you envy the success of others you send a message to the universe that you do not believe in your ability to be successful in your own right. If you project that belief into the world, you will receive back a life where success stays out of reach.
To drop this limiting belief you could choose to view the success of another as an indication that the Law of Attraction is bringing success closer to you. For example, if my friend gets a promotion, I can perceive her success as an indication that the universe is pulling me toward more success in my own life, because more money and success has literally just come into my circle of friends. This perspective will get me excited about my friend’s promotion, because it means that her success is also my success.
Excitement about the success in another will attract more success to you!
2. Believing that we need to struggle and work hard to succeed: Yes, action may be required to achieve your dreams, but when you are working with the Law of Attraction that work will feel fun and effortless.
If you trudge through your work you actually tell the universe that you expect work to be hard, boring and tiresome. As a result, you will attract more hard, boring work to yourself. To change your perspective, you can look for evidence that when you are enjoying your work time flies and you produce the best results!
3. Believing that there is only so much money to go around: If you believe that there is only so much money around you will feel envious of those who have it. You might also feel a little guilty when you come into more of it. Envy and guilt are negative emotions that tell the universe you don’t believe you can or should be wealthy. For some ideas on how to drop this belief, check out this article.
4. Believing that the rich are greedy: This belief keeps money out of your hands for two reasons. The first reason is that this belief literally causes a reality where rich people DO take advantage of you, and screw you out of your money.
The other reason is that you might fear that if you become wealthy it will mean that you are a greedy person. To release yourself from this belief you can look for evidence of wealthy people who are kind, helpful and giving like Oprah or Deepak Chopra. Also, take some time to visualize yourself not only becoming wealthy, but using your new-found wealth to help others.
5. Believing that illness is inevitable with age: Many of us expect that as we grow older we will develop chronic health problems. Unfortunately, this belief creates a world where many of the elderly are suffering. To reverse this belief, you can look for examples of elderly people who are healthy and thriving. You can also avoid television programming, news articles, and advertising that focus on medications, insurance and medical law suits involving the elderly.
Mastering the Law of Attraction requires us to identify which of our beliefs are helping us and which ones are hurting us. If we can rid ourselves of our limiting beliefs, life will become happier, healthier and more prosperous!