Excerpt from tinyhousetalk.com
If you’ve been wondering how much does it cost to build a tiny house you’re at the right place. Designing and building your own tiny house is a great way to create a mortgage-free lifestyle fast.
So it’s no wonder that you’d be interested… But the question is, “how much?”
Question: So How Much Does it Cost to Build a Tiny House?
Answer: Usually Around $25,000 to $30,000
This is for a relatively ‘high end’ tiny home on wheels with all of the amenities of home you’d be looking at around $25,000 to $30,000 in materials to build it yourself.
This figure normally includes buying a brand new trailer, professional construction plans, your appliances, and other materials brand new at the store.
Of course it’s always possible to do it for $13,173, $9,802, $21,204, or even $65,439 but this is just an estimation so you know what to expect and what I’ve believe to be most common but..
Here’s How You Can Do It For Less
- Find and use recycled materials on places like Craigslist and Habitat Restores.
- Use less expensive but reliable materials and appliances.
- Do absolutely all of the labor yourself and with the help of friends and family.
- Do your due diligence researching and designing to avoid costly mistakes.
- Take time to find a good deal on the right used trailer instead of buying a brand new one.
- Take the time to salvage another structure or recreational vehicle so you can use them to build your tiny home.
- Find useful or reclaimable appliances on Craigslist or your nearest Habitat ReStore.